Prevent the Loss of Pets
- Ensure that pets always wear up-to-date ID tags.
- Have pets tattooed and micro-chipped – with microchipping, a pet may even be returned from another country if she has stowed away on a truck or ship.
- Have pets neutered and spayed to reduce the likelihood of roaming and serious fights.
- Be aware of the dangers posed by pet thieves.
- Support legislation that aims to eliminate licenses for Class B animal dealers, who frequently steal pets from yards and neighborhood streets and sell them for experimentation.
- Advocate for tougher animal cruelty laws. Encourage others to do likewise by informing them about the link between animal cruelty and violence toward people.